For a more up-to-date idea of what I’m doing professionally, check out:
Unfortunately, the rest of this page is rather neglected, incomplete, and out of date.
If your comments on this page are not specifically relevant to my Resume/CV, they will be deleted or moved elsewhere. You have been warned.
Resume/CV in progress
- Full Name: Chad L Perrin
- Location: Fort Collins, CO
- Date of Birth: 21 April 1975
- Nationality: United States Citizen
I am a third-generation computer user, and both of my parents have been working with computers professionally for about as long as I’ve been alive. As such, I was introduced to information technology early, and enthusiasm for the subject matter has come naturally to me. I am an IT industry analyst, Linux network and system administrator, open source project contributor, Microsoft Certified Professional, technical writer, and web developer. I am also an enthusiast, experimenter, and scholar of all things computerized. My skills are thus wide-ranging and flexible, and provide a solid foundation for any of a number of jobs in the IT industry. I am also a skilled communicator, particularly as regards the written word, with a firm grasp of the rules of the English language and a passion for writing.
Some work of which I’m proud includes:
- Larimer County Libertarian Party: member of the board, volunteer webmaster
- TenDRA Compiler Project: moral support and occasional contribution
- United States Army: military service (airborne infantry)
- Wikimedia Foundation: first paid employee (datacenter technician)
I am interested in pursuing work in any of the following areas in particular:
- learning new skills and enhancing the skills I already have
- Unix-based software development
- opinion/editorial writing
- publication content development and editing
- social application development and support
- system and network administration
- technical writing and journalism
- technology analysis and documentation
- web application development
I wish to work for employers or contract clients that embrace open technologies and dynamic methodologies. Such businesses should not depend upon corporate legislation and lobbying to maintain a viable profit model, but proactively pursue economically sound policy that can withstand the vagaries of the changing market and prosper. I wish to help pursue entrepreneurial vision based in excellence and innovation, lending my skills and talents to that aim. I prefer to work with a small, dynamic team, or in a support position for a small, dynamic company.
- CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
- CSS, English, Perl, PHP, Ruby, XHTML/HTML
- Heterogeneous Network Architecture and Administration
- Unix/Linux Systems Implementation, Administration, and Management
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Physical and System Security Management
- Technical Writing and User Support
I have attended three institutes of higher education:
- Computer Education Institute of Riverside, CA
Computer Networking, 1998-1999
- Riverside Community College of Riverside and Moreno Valley, CA
Computer Science and Philosophy, 2001-2003
- Summit Career College of Riverside County, CA
Web and Digital Graphic Design, 1999-2000
Ultimately, I feel that it is my calling to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. I want to leave the world a better place than I found it, and I believe computers can help.
No Comments »
No comments yet.